Контроль письма III курс 08.05


Test in Writing
1. Read the sentences. Choose the correct adjective
    1) He's a very  affectionate/ambitious  lad and he wants to play at the highest level.
    2) Even though I'm quite a  reserved/sociable  person, I like meeting people.
    3) Taras was always really  sensitive/aggressive  and caring.
    4) Jack is so  envious/spoilt  of Sonia's success.
    5) We liked Laurence at once, he was  selfish /imaginative  beyond all other architects.
    6)Japanese cars are so  reliable/ responsible.
    7) The gift is  greedy/generous  by any standards.

2 .Complete the zero conditional sentences with the verbs in brackets
1. If they __ (not / eat) well, they __ (not / be) healthy.
2. If __ (I / go) on a ferry, I always feel sick.
3. I __ (feel) very good the following day if I __ (have) enough sleep.
4. If __ (I / not / know) a word, I __ (look) it up in my pocket dictionary.
5. They play video-games if __ (they / not / have) any homework.
6. If you bring the temperature down, this water __ (turn) into ice.
7. She __ (like) to visit the museums if she __ (be) in a new country.
8. Vasya always __ (buy) expensive clothes if he __ (go) shopping.
9. Tamara, our maths teacher, gets angry if __ (we / not / work) hard enough.
10. If you __ (press) this button here, the light __ (go) on.

3. Доповніть речення конструкцією used to.
Example: Dennis doesn’t smoke any more but he used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day.
1. The baby doesn’t cry so much now but she … every night.
2. She … my best friend but we aren’t friends any longer.
3. We live in Nottingham now but we … in Leeds.
4. Now there’s only one shop in the village but there … three.
5. When I was a child I … ice-cream, but I don’t like it now.
6. Now Tom has got a car. He … a motor-cycle.

4 .Choose six or seven words which best describe your character. Explane your choice.
     EXAMPLE: Sociable - I`m sociable because I like being with other people .

5. Fill in the correct word to the blank using the Word Bank.
Word bank: data, output, access(v), device, access (n), software, attachment, hardware.
1.     The original PC came in a form of an electronic kit, a piece of a ... strictly for the hobbyist.
2.     Students can ... this information with their computers.
3.     He had a close ... to his family.
4.     The scientists do not yet have enough ... to say if the pollution problem is serious.
5.     A keyboard is an input ... .
6.     It will take a while for you to get used to the new ... .
7.     It’s through the Windows system that we may gain ... to the Internet.
8.     The ... devises are a monitor, a printer, and headphones.

Коментарі

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

III курс. III тиждень.30.03 Тема "Art. Painting"

I курс 19.05 Контроль письма